#START-UP Business Support - helping your business to 'start well'
Nurturing and facilitating Start-up business and self-employment across Suffolk and Norfolk.
Here at MENTA we have a range of training options and support to help you and your business to start, grow and thrive. We offer workshops and 1-to-1 support on a wide range of topics to new and existing businesses across Suffolk and Norfolk.
Our start-up support is fully-funded, so no cost to you! Plus, you can choose the level of new business support you want in 3 easy steps:
What is included?
Comprehensive ‘start up’ support is available to anyone thinking about starting a business or who has already begun the process. The programme includes workshops and 1-to-1 support on business planning, marketing, book-keeping, sustainability, sales and more. Guidance is also available on financing a new venture and developing skills and confidence to ‘start well’ and help your new businesses to flourish.
- Is your business idea viable?
- How do you undertake market research?
- Sole trader or a limited company?
- What insurances do you need?
- What is marketing?
- Logo design and branding
- Website options and SEO
- Using Social Media to promote your business
- Website builder demonstration
- Record keeping
- Allowable Expenses
- Profit and Loss
- Using excel spreadsheets - with worked examples
- Off the shelf solutions - Apps and cloud accounting options
- Learn how to create an interest
- Increase your conversion rates
- Overcome objections
- Close the sale
- Boost your confidence
Journey to Net Zero Carbon
- Explain what is meant by 'carbon neutral' and other key terms
- Calculate the carbon footprint of your business
- Create a carbon management plan
- Be able to demonstrate your green credentials
To build your confidence and skills in areas such as -
- Generating business ideas
- Confidence - overcome imposter syndrome and really feel like a business owner
- Getting your first customers
- Planning and Prioritising
- Building your support network
Access to finance
- Find out what support is available in your area - are there any grants available?
- Business start-up loans
- Applying for funding - preparing a business plan and financial forecast
- Regular check-ins to support your progress
- Unbiased advice and guidance
- A sounding board to bounce ideas around
- Coaching and support to help you overcome any challenges
Enrol or arrange a call back for more information, (if your region is not listed then arrange a call back).
Going the extra mile to help your business 'start well'
Our team are ready to help you and answer any questions you may have. You can either book a call back via the button above or drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you prefer, you can pop in and learn at one of our business hubs. The MENTA team are based in Bury St. Edmunds, Haverhill, Felixstowe, Brandon and Southwold.
Planning & Preparation
We’ll help you prepare to become your own boss so that you can hit the ground running.
Sales & Marketing
We’ll help you to identify your target market and develop your marketing strategy. All MENTA supported businesses get a free listing on our MENTA Marketplace website.
Accounting & Legal
We’ll provide the tools to help you manage your finances and navigate the legal requirements and processes you’ll need to implement.