You want to become your own boss in 2020, you like the idea of new business resolutions, but how many of us have made them?
Drop the stress, there is plenty of that around at this time of year without the need for anymore.
New business resolutions are not just for the first week of 2020.
MENTA have fully-funded Start-up support, you knew that? The team have come up with their top five best resolutions to help you kick-start your new business idea.
1. Write a business plan - Love or hate them, business plans are a focusing tool. Whether you’re new to business, or have already started, they can help you define your dream and turn it into a reality. Sometimes, our imaginations run away from us. Business plans force us to test the viability of our goals before we run into ruin.
2. Get social! MENTA can help , they understand, for some, social media is like a flying pig, for those of us who haven’t grown up with it, social media can feel like a great big headache, a flying pig on the launchpad. The solution to approaching that issue; however, is to take one step at a time. Perfect your Facebook page for the first month or two, then move onto LinkedIn. That is your personal branding and very handy it is!
3. Learn to network - MENTA has fuss-free networking events across Norfolk and Suffolk and they really are friendly and a great way to spread your new business wings.
4. Organize your bookkeeping tabs on your business expenses seems like a no-brainer. But if you’re anything like me,you’ll have receipts drowning at the bottom of your man drawer or bag or both! With the tax return deadline looming, now's the time to reorganize. Remember, MENTA run a Bookkeeping and Self-Assessment workshop to help you get on track.
5. Make time for yourself - Starting and running a business is hard. Many of us have full-time jobs and families to care for, let alone a business to manage. We’re so stressed out, we feel we won't bother with starting at all. Therefore, this resolution is about you, not the business. Taking a break lets you reflect, refocus and recharge your passion. If you think this is a waste of time, remember this: stepping back lets us make a bigger jump forward. What’s your number one business resolution?
Discover some MENTA Networking dates here
MENTA Social Media Training
Don't miss that range of fully-funded #StartUp support and training across Norfolk and Suffolk