Business advice for established businesses
Just because you've been in business over a year doesn't mean you wouldn't appreciate time with an impartial business adviser to talk through, confidentially your business, challenges, and issues.
At Menta we have expert business advisers available who have experience running businesses and are here to support.
We charge £45 + VAT for these sessions.
To arrange your meeting please call us at MENTA on 01284 760206.
If you're thinking of starting a business, or are in the process of setting one up - or at the 'test trading' stage please read on.
FREE Business ‘Start Right’ PROGRAMME!
Menta has a limited number of spaces on a programme of business support funded by the EU (take the opportunity whilst it lasts!). You are eligible for this support if you are:
Thinking of starting a business, or in the process of setting one up - or at 'test trading' stage.
The programme offers 3 free workshops on running your own business tutored by experienced people who have been there themselves!
Free half day Start Right workshop covering:
How to be self-employed – particularly after employment or unemployment
How to structure and register your business
Simple business planning and sales forecasting (Word & Excel templates provided)
Free half day Start Right Marketing workshop covering:
How to identify and market to your customers – the key to success!
How to set up a simple website yourself
Using social media for your business
Free half day Start Right Book Keeping and Self-Assessment workshop covering:
Setting up the simplest of book keeping systems either on paper or using excel
Excel spreadsheet templates provided
Understanding Self-Assessment including example bills
To take advantage of this offer you must:
- Be thinking about starting a business, or in the process of setting one up - or at 'test trading' stage
- Be based in either Suffolk or Norfolk
- You must attend a minimum of 12 hours support (the 3 free Start Right workshops amount to the 12 hours support)
To book your free place on the nearest Start Right workshop to you can either:
Quotes from start-up businesses who have attended these workshops:
‘A very worthwhile series of courses which has given me a great start for my business to succeed. I was utterly terrified of book keeping, but now feel confident to tackle my tax return!’
Phil – Commercial Photographer
‘Relaxed, informative environment. Courses delivered by friendly, experienced, approachable and highly qualified people. A great ‘start’ for anyone wanting to develop a new business.’
Jill - Florist
Following these workshops you can also benefit from:
- One free place on Menta’s wide range of Business Masterclasses (normal charge £30)
- You can take advantage of Menta’s Virtual Tenancy (at half price for 3 months) This provides you with a business mailing address. Please email Menta on email@example.com for more information.
- You can attend any of our Coffee Means Business networking events (run in Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill and Woodbridge).
Please note this offer is subject to availability and parts may be changed or withdrawn without notice.